GHB or sometimes called Liquid E or Liquid G. Is popular at raves andpartys because many users compare it's effects of that of ecstasy.
1.GBL, gamma-Butyrolactone. (Used almost exclusively as a chemicalintermediate as well as in the production of pesticides and herbicides.Also GBL can be used as an intermediate in the production of vitaminsand pharmaceuticals.) *You can find this atwww.geocities.com/specialtywood_products. They sell 1000ml bottles ofGBL for only 65 dollars. They sell GBL as a paint stripper for antiquewooden furniture. *Just look on the internet.
2. NaOH, sodium hydroxide or lye. You can find this in the drain cleaning section at most stores. Recommened 'Red Devel Lye'.
*2. KOH, potassium Hydroxide. You can use this or NaOH, but you will need more KOH then NaOH.
3. pH testing papers, found everwhere ask a clerk or someone at a big store.
How to make GHB:
You will need : 1. 135 grams (120 ml)of gamma butyrolactone 2. 63 grams of Sodium Hydroxide or 91 grams of Potassium Hydroxide 3. Papers to test pH
1.Place the content of the gamma butyrolactone bottle in a stainlesssteel or pyrex glass saucepan. Do not use aluminum cookware to makeGHB. 2. Place the content of the NaOH or KOH bottle in the same saucepan. 3.Put SLOWLY around a half cup of warm distilled water in it. Put a cover(fast! the reaction may be immediate) on it but not tight. 4. Waita little it will start reacting on itself. If it doesn't (after 2-3minutes), heat it a LITTLE (once it reacts remove it from the stove). 4.5 If there is some NaOH not dissolved, stir it up till it is. 5.(This step is optional, some like it like that and others prefer toheat the solution a little.) After it's finished. Start heating itslowly. You will see it starting boiling. Don't overheat! It can burn.Do it for one hour. Don't forget to add water if you make it boil for along time. 5.5. Between step 4 and 6 you might see a whitecompound on the side of the saucepan (it doesn't happen everytime).Don't throw it away, it's GHB. When you will add water, it willdissolve. 6. When you are finished, put it in a measuring cup(Pyrex) and fill it with water (when I'm in a hurry to taste it I useice) to 1000ml (a little more than 4 cups). That way you'll have around1 grams per teaspoon. 7. Measure the PH. If it's higher than 7.5 add vinegar to lower it to below 7.5 It can take 50 - 75 ml of vinegar. 9.To store it I use a mason glass jar with a plastic cover. I draw thepoison logo on it (very important! you don't want a kid to take a fullglass of GHB). I place it in the fridge, the taste is better when it'scold.
Another Way of making GHB:
You will need:
Cleandry beakers and graduated cylinders, a set of chemical scales, narrowrange pH strips for 5.5-8.0, a hot plate, and (if you intend to makepowder) two sealed tupperware containers, a blender and a pyrex bakingdish.
1) Accurately measure out gamma-butyrolactone (GBL) in the volume of milliliters (mls) you want to react. Example: You want to react 120 mls of GBL. 2) Multiply this number by the average density of GBL (1.124 gms/ml). Example: (120 mls GBL) * (1.124 gms/ml) = 134.88 gms GBL 3) Divide this number by the average molecular weight of GBL (86.09 gms/mol). Example: (134.88 gms GBL) / (86.09 gms/mol) = 1.567 mols of GBL 4) Multiply this number by the average molecular weight of NaOH (40.0 gms/mol) Example: (1.567 mols) * (40.0) = 62.69 gms NaOH 5) Weigh out this much NaOH using a set of chemical scales. 6) Heat the GBL + 5% distilled water (by volume) to 100 degrees C Example: 120 mls GBL + 6 mls distilled water heated to 100C 7) Completely dissolve the NaOH in distilled water at the rate of about 40 grams per 100 mls of water. Example: (63 gms NaOH) / (40) = 1.575 * 100 mlw H2O = 157.5 mls water 8)*SLOWLY* drip (DO NOT POUR) 90% of the NaOH into the heated GBL andmake sure that the reaction is occurring (the solution will beginboiling vigorously). If the reaction is not occuring, then you eitherhave not heated the GBL to 100C or you have defective reactants (throwthem out and get fresh stuff). Once the solution begins boiling, youcan turn the heat off - the reaction will make its own heat. 9)Begin measuring the pH of the reaction solution with narrow range pHpaper (5.0 - 8.0 paper). When the range begins to get to 7.5 to 8.0,stop dripping the NaOH solution. This mixture will still have unreactedlactone in it - so now it is time to do some steam distillation. Steam Distillation (The purification step) 10)Put a thermometer in the solution capable of measuring 200C and crankthe heat up on the solution. You may want to add a boiling stone madefrom a clean piece of pea gravel to the solution (don't use a boilingstick because you will burn it up, and don't use a chemical boilingstone because they contain metals that are not supposed to go intohumans). 11) When the solution gets up to 150-155C, cut the heatback enough to hold the temperature steady at 150-155C. Hold it at thattemperature until all bubbling stops. The beaker now contains meltedNaGHB. 12a) To make a liquid, add enough boiling water to make the dilution you want. Example:You want 1 gram NaGHB per 5 ml of solution. 120 mls of GBL will make198 grams NaGHB. 198 * 5 ml = 990 mls of solution. So add enoughboiling water to bring the entire solution up to 990 mls. 12b) Tomake powder, pour out thin strips of the NaGHB melt into the pyrexcasserole dish. Return the melt to the low heat to keep it melted. Letthe strips cool - they will begin to curl up if the strips are about1/2" to 1" in width. Scrape them up with a metal spatula and put theminto a sealed tupperware container. Pour out more strips and repeat theprocedure until you have used up all of the melt. 13) Let thestrips in the tupperware container cool down and shake them around abit (while holding the lid tighly on). This will break up the strips. 14)Put the boken up NaGHB pieces into a blender (no more than 1/3 full) athigh speed. You may have to shake the blender around a bit to make sureeverything is ground into powder. Pour the powder into a sealedtupperware container. 15) You are done. Enjoy, and please don't do G and drive.
Making Powder GHB:
A Method for Making Powdered GHB (Gamma Hydroxybutyrate)
Never mix GHB with other substances - especially alcohol or other CNS depressants (like sleeping pills).
Safety : Weargloves and safety glasses at all times. If any of the reagents orintermediates contacts the skin, wash well with cold water.
For step 3, use electric oven only. In a gas oven, the pilot light may ignite alcohol fumes, causing fire hazard.
Ingredients : 1. 60 grams of NaOH
2. 120 ml of gamma butyrolactone
3. 1000 ml of pure ethanol
Thesequantities are not fixed - use more or less as needed, but keep theproportions the same. The NaOH can be dissolved in less ethanol, butthese proportions make the process easier and faster. The ethanolmust be pure (no water in it) - don't use vodka. GHB will notcrystalize if there is water in the solution. Denatured ethanol canalso be used, but be sure to let it completely evaporate beforeingesting it. Methanol can also be used, but this is toxic, and excessmust be removed before ingestion. If methanol is used, only 500ml isrequired, but be sure all the methanol is evaporated before ingestingit (check there is no methanol odor left).
Obtaining the ingredients: NaOH,denatured ethanol and methanol are very easy to find. Just look upchemical products in the yellow pages. Those chemicals are so commonthat you won't be asked what you are going to do with it.Gamma-butyrolactone is difficult to find. Several companies sell it onthe net. See above in The Chemicals Needed at the top of Making GHB onwhere to buy GBL.
Equipment needed : 1. Screw cap bottle larger than 1000ml; if you choose plastic use HDPE, (it will be clearly marked on the bottom)
2. Glass container at least 1200 ml. in volume.
3. Coffee filter papers (2)
Method : 1.Dissolve the NaOH in the ethanol - place the ethanol in the screw capbottle and add the NaOH. Shake and allow to stand until cool. Continueuntil all the NaOH has dissolved. Be sure to release the cap frequentlyto release pressure.
2. When all the NaOH has dissolved (thiscan take an hour of shaking and waiting) pour it into the glass pot andadd the gamma-butyrolactone. A precipitate (this is the GHB) will form.Allow to stand for an hour.
3. After allowing it to stand,filter the product through the 2 coffee filters (placed inside eachother), collecting the precipitate. Dry the precipitate by placing itin an oven on the lowest setting for 24 hours. Use electric oven only!In a gas oven, the pilot light may ignite alcohol fumes, causing firehazard.
4. You can keep it in the powdered form (keep it in anairtight bag since it is hygroscopic and will absorb water from theatmosphere). Alternatively dissolve it in 750 ml of water; this willgive a solution containing about 1g of GHB per teaspoon. Don't ingestthe neat solution in case there is unreacted NaOH which can burn theskin - mix it in 1/2 cup of water of fruit juice.
Effects of GHB:
Mostusers find that GHB induces a pleasant state of relaxation andtranquility. Frequent effects are placidity, sensuality, mild euphoria,and a tendency to verbalize. Anxieties and inhibitions tend to dissolveinto a feeling of emotional warmth, wellbeing, and pleasant drowsiness.The "morning after" effects of GHB lack the unpleasant or debilitatingcharacteristics associated with alcohol and other relaxation-orienteddrugs. In fact, many users report feeling particularly refreshed, evenenergized, the next day. The effects of GHB can generally be feltwithin five to twenty minutes after ingestion. They usually last nomore than one and a half to three hours, although they can beindefinitely prolonged through repeated dosing. The effects of GHB arevery dose-dependent. Higher levels feature greater giddiness,silliness, and interference with mobility and verbal coherence, andmaybe even dizziness. Even higher doses usually induce sleep.
Determiningthe ideal dose is probably the trickiest aspect of working with GHB.The amount required for a given level of effect will vary from personto person, and the dose-response curve is fairly steep. Overestimatingthe dose can have consequences ranging in seriousness from ruining yourplans for the evening to waking up in the emergency ward as a result ofpanic on the part of concerned-but-uninformed friends or relatives.Once you have found the levels that give you the effects you desire,they will remain consistent. Tolerance to GHB does not develop.However, recent (not current) alcohol consumption may decrease theeffect of a given dose of GHB. Most people find that a dose in therange of 0.75-1.5 grams is suitable for prosexual purposes, and that aquantity in the range of 2.5 grams is sufficient to force sleep.
Low Dose: Alow dose of GHB (usually from .5 to 1.5 gms) often causes effectssimilar to those of 1-3 drinks of alchohol. Users can feel a mildrelaxation, increased sociability, slightly decreased motor skills,sometimes mild dizziness, and other effects similar to mild alcholintoxication. Even at low doses it is improper for GHB users to driveor operate heavy machinery.
Medium Dose: A medium dose of GHB(usually from 1 to 2.5 grams) increases the relaxing effects and thephysical disequilibrium experienced. Some people report an increasedappreciation for music, dancing, or talking. Many people reportpositive mood changes. Some slurring of speech, silliness, and slightincoherency are also common. Others report increased feelings of nauseaand grogginess. Some users of GHB report pro-sexual effects: anincrease in tactile sensitivity, relaxation, increased male erectilecapacity, and heightened experience of orgasm. Some women report thatGHB makes orgasms harder to achieve.
Heavy Dose: A heavy doseof GHB (from 2.5 + grams) can increase feelings of disequilibrium inmany people to point of feeling quite ill. Many people accidentallymove from Medium Dose to Over Dose, only passing through Heavy Dose fora few minutes. One reason that GHB has gained notoriety as a Club Drugis that some people experience extremely positive feelings on HeavyDoses of GHB. Reports of euphoria, feeling music deeply, joyousdancing, and other very positive effects are common among afficianados.People who report these effects also describe how difficult findingone's personal dose range can be to achieve these effects. An extraquarter (.25) gram can be the difference between euphoria and vomiting.
Overdose: The Overdose range for GHB can be as little as 2grams, based on body weight and individual sensitivity. One majorproblem with GHB as an underground recreational substance is that ithas a sharp dose-response curve, which can be difficult to manage withthe various non-standard preparations available to the uninformedbuyer. Another major problem is that uninformed users often mix GHBwith alcohol, which drastically increases the chance of vomiting andunconsciousness. An overdose can consist of mild to extreme nausea anddizziness, sometimes vomiting. It can also be characterized by a strongdrowsy feeling followed by an temporarily unrouseable sleep (sometimescharacterized as a type of coma) for 1-4 hours. Some Overdoses of GHBmix vomiting with unconsciousness which is an extremely dangerouscombination for obvious reasons. When using GHB (or any substance), itis important to remember to let someone who is with you know whatyou're doing, so if you experience Overdose effects, they can reactappropriately and let any health professionals who become involved knowwhat substance was involved.
Poisoning: I am defining alevel dosage above Overdose in order to highlight the effects ofextreme overdoses. While many Overdoses consist mainly of heavy sleep,some are lifethreatening. GHB Poisonings are characterized by very lowbreathing, convulsions, vomiting, being completely non responsive evento 'deep pain', fixed pupils, etc. GHB poisoning victims should receivemedical care immediately.
After Effects: Some people feeldrowsy, sleepy, or groggy after the effects wear off or the next dayafter ingestion. The hangover from low and medium doses of GHB isusually mild or non existant, although some people report feelingslightly 'fuzzy headed' the next day. Some people also report feelingrefreshed, happier, and more alert the day after use. For some people,using GHB more than once a week causes significantly increased negativeafter effects.